"Magnafix" Perspex Acrylic Secondary Double Glazing Tapes.
A fast, cheap, inexpensive way of adding a secondary double glazing panel to your cold, draughty old windows. Even a novice DIYer could install secondary double glazing with this system!
Features and benefits:
- Please click on the above images to zoom into a more detailed view.
- Simple DIY installation with no tools needed other than a pair of strong scissors.
- Sold per linear meter. (The price is for both parts, the magnetic tape and the stel tape)
- A great thermal and acoustic barrier. Perspex secondary double glazing will help to reduce cold draughts from poor fitting windows, and will help reduce noise from outside your windows. Magnafix helps to produce the required airtight gap for maximum benefits.
- A two part/tape self adhesive tape system. 1 part magnetic tape, the second tape is white coloured self adhesive steel tape.
- Fixing "Magnafix" Secondary Double Glazing Tape. Simply cut the tapes to the required length (matched to the edges of the perspex acrylic) and apply the white tape to the wooden window frame and the charcoal coloured magntic tape to the back of the perspex panel. Once the perspex panel is offered up to the steel tape, magnetically the panel is held in place.
- Magnafix is suitable for acrylic panels up to the size of 1000mm x 1000mm in 3mm thickness. Perspex secondary double glazing is available from us in both 2mm and 3mm thickness. 2mm is fine for narrow panels but can bow slightly with thermal expansion on wider panels. With wider panels, we recommend a 3mm thick sheet. We know of several other companies that are happy to supply panels much bigger than this with a similar fixing method but after many years of successfully selling this simple glazing kit, we know the systems limits. If your windows are larger than this, we recommend our "Extrafix" secondary double glazing extrusion.
- To view a detailed datasheet for Magnafix please click here
- To see a more comprehensive page on perspex acrylic secondary double glazing please click here.
- If in doubt (its hard to explain the full in and outs and wherefors on a text based webpage), please phone us on 01202 480104 and we will be able to help you.
- If you have any photos of your window frames and you are able to email them to us, please do so - it gives us a better understanding of the situation. Please email any photo's to firstname.lastname@example.org
Displays UK provides delivery via own vehicles, Royal Mail and TNT overnight courier service to most towns and cities in the UK including London, Brighton, Bournemouth, Chelmsford, Basildon, Greater London, Swindon, Bath, Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Newcastle, The Cotswolds, Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester, Kettering, Norwich, Coventry, Sunderland etc. A small surcharge may apply when delivering to the Scottish Highlands or UK islands.
I recently purchased your 3mm perspex kit to double glaze the glass panel in my back door. It is excellent - I now no longer have condensation when I cook. Great stuff, thanks, yours, Michele". Michele, Norwich
Thank you for visiting our website.